Thursday, May 8, 2014

Working for the Weekend



Well I have (almost) survived my first week back in the "real world."  Best of all I will actually get a paycheck tomorrow too!  I won't know how to act.  Actually I have already been invited to go out with my neighbors tomorrow night so I'm sure it will come back to me quickly.  It really does feel great to be a productive member of society again.  And being back on a regular 8-5(ish), M-F schedule.  For 6 months before being out of work completely, I was on 2nd shift and that was pretty deflating.  I was working but still couldn't go out or see my friends much.  I am a very sociable person and value going out with my friends as much as I love my downtime at home alone.

I actually haven't had much time alone lately.  My sister-in-law and the kids are with me for awhile.  Of course I love them but at times, they drive me crazy!   This makes hosting for any "fun time" impossible at the moment too.  I haven't really been pursuing any new adventures lately.  I was very focused on finding a job first and foremost. Mission accomplished and hopefully as the summer draws near and the weather gets warm, those opportunities will be there.

I hope everyone has had a great week!  Thank you for all the kind words and emails wishing me well.  I know for certain that Rob has been a LOT more productive at work this week.  And possibly others as well. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!  I certainly am going to try!  

And she walks off singing "Back in black, let loose from the noose...."

3 comments:

  1. It's funny how we complain about our jobs but when we go some time without them we feel lost and disconnected. It's great that you're back in the grind, Simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like things are going well for you... ;o)

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was out of work for 9 months and it drives you a bit crazy. You want to find a job but the daily grind of resume's, job boards, and rejection brings you down, but when you want to have a little fun, you feel guilty for not looking for a job.

    I'm happy for you and wish you all the best!!!

    ReplyDelete