Thursday, July 3, 2014

Paper

They say you learn more during your first year of life than you ever will again.  They also say the first year of marriage is the hardest and I'm sure it's true of many things.  Monday was my one year anniversary writing this blog.  And I must say the first year has been amazing!  I've made so many new friends through this blog and developed some wonderful relationships.  It has been a blast!  The wonderful comments and the interaction among the "blogosphere" has been all that I hoped for and more.  I thank you all!

You may have noticed I completely re-designed the blog.  I thought this was the perfect time to do that.  I'm really pleased with the new design.  Feels more modern. More me.  There's another change I want to make. I want to take more risks with my writing.  Mostly I've relayed info about various hook-ups/anecdotes that happened in the recent past or the present...which are fun to write, no doubt.  Which is fine, it feels like the "getting-to-know-you phase when dating.  I want to get deeper with my writing.  For some reason I've been a little hesitant to put myself out there on some issues.   I'm sure it's a self-esteem issue.  But I've got to get over it.  This is my blog and I can write what I want!  I want to get a little deeper.

Honestly there was a time when I didn't think this little blog was going to make it.  I got down and discouraged and depressed when I was out of work.  I couldn't muster the energy to post anything.  I would have regretted it so much if I had let this die.  I'm glad I made it through.   I'm sure that time will come but not now.  I feel energized, happy and just ready to take on the world right now.  I'm in love with writing again!

As for the title of this post, I feel I should explain.  Paper is the traditional wedding gift that etiquette sites suggest as the gift on the first wedding anniversary.  And while I'm not married, I felt it was apropos.  I write in the traditional way normally.  Many of these posts here began with pen to paper.  So paper is my gift.

4 comments:

  1. I have scraps of paper all over the place with bits of writing scribbled on them.

    Glad you stuck around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing about blogging is even if you have low self esteem, you can take advantage of it being complete anonymous and be a different person all together.

    That allows you to write what you want and ultimately your true self shines through your writing.

    Congrats on the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also glad you stuck around. Happy blogoversary, and here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy first blogiversary! So glad to share the blogisphere with you! Mmm... deeper... yum!

    ReplyDelete