Sunday, July 6, 2014

FFF-July 4th-Let Freedom Ring!

  • Key Phrase: "Let Freedom Ring"
  • Word Limit:  294
  • Forbidden Words: Independance, Revolution
  • Extra Credit:  Tell me how I came up with the word limit
  • Bonus Words: Tell us about a special holiday Romp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this is a little bit late.  I started writing it before I left to go out of town and meant to finish it in the hotel Thursday night.  Of course, I walked off and forgot it.  BOY do I wish I had been laying in the hotel room writing FFF instead of what happened.  I'm over it.  It's done and what happened doesn't deserve to be even a little blip on this blog.  Sorry to be cryptic but that's all I'm going to say.  
I hope you all had a wonderful 4th!


*****************************************************
She stood on the deck and watched as the yacht pulled into port at yet another cosmopolitan city.  She looked longingly at the shore.  This city was much closer to home.  She grew up in a small town in Georgia. The yacht was docking in New Orleans.  She looked longingly to the east.

Auguste watched her as she stood against the rail, she looked as sexy as she ever had when he had rescued her from that podunk town.  How fortunate his limo had broken down that day.  She looked so fetching and innocent while she poured his sweet tea.  Now she is a sophisticated woman of the world.   He approached her silently and she smiled as she turned toward him and reached up to plant a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Come, my dear Raquelle.  We must get dressed for the party.  I have laid out your clothes for you.  This is a very important meeting.  I need you at your finest tonight, chere."

Raquelle looked at him in surprise.  He had never taken an interest in what she wore other than to expect her to look her finest for him.  She always tried to comply.  She squealed in delight upon seeing the lovely dress and the jewelry box laying on the bed.  The sapphire necklace was stunning.

He met her at the stairs.  "You look perfect, darling.  I have to make a very important business connection tonight so I'm afraid you may be on your own more than usual."

"That's ok, Auguste.  I'm sure I can find a way to entertain myself.  I'm sure the other wives are as bored as I am."  She patted his arm.  "Shall we go?"

Raquelle wandered the room.  She had lied to Auguste.  All the other wives despised her.  As if she'd want their husbands!   They were polite only to salvage their husband's business opportunities with Auguste's many holdings.  She stopped and grabbed a glass of champagne from a passing waiter.  She was sipping it and watching the entrance when HE entered the room.  She stood up a little straighter and kept her eyes down and watched as he made his way to the bar.

He was just her type: tall, broad, solidly built, close cut salt and pepper hair, neatly trimmed goatee (wink), confident.  Definitely an alpha male.  She saw the others in the room turning his way.  He got a drink at the bar and turned.

Blushing she quickly looked down as he had caught her blatantly staring--hopefully not with mouth open!  He raised his glass to her and appraised her slowly.  Suddenly remembering she scanned the room for Auguste. He was in a corner surrounded by his cronies.  The gentleman worked the room and they began the dance. She walked ahead and he pursued.  She noticed him bearing down and quickly stepped out to get some air.

His voice was velvety smooth and deep behind her.  "So I caught you at last.  What is your name?"

"Raquelle."  She hesitated to ask his and then she thought she didn't want to know.  She took his arm as they walked out of the ballroom.

It was an amazing night of passion.  He gave her everything Auguste could not.  But the next morning the guilt overwhelmed her as she quickly dressed and slipped away.  She gasped when she opened the door.  She looked down in shame.  Auguste lifted her chin and looked into her eyes.

"So Raquelle did you enjoy the evening I arranged for you?"  She looked up in surprise.  "You don't think I see how sad, how homesick you are.  I am a wealthy man, yes, but an old one.  No, quiet, ma chere.  This was my gift to you for treating an old man so well for all these years."

She threw her arms around him.  "May we please go home, now?"  They wrapped their arms around each and walked into their future.

**************
I loved this prompt and the woman in the picture above is absolutely beautiful.  Again, I apologize for being late.  Please head over to see Advizor and all the other entries and if I'm not mistaken, next week's prompt has already been posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment