Monday, July 14, 2014

Perfect Pool Day

I don't normally do this on the blog.  Post pictures.  But quite honestly I could use the ego boost.


I'm not feeling down or depressed.  I think I'm just stuck.  It's been quite some time since I got any and I'm trying hard and feel like I'm not getting anywhere.  It's feast or famine around here.  The feasts are fleeting and this famine is farflung.

I actually had a date Saturday night.  It was nice, we had fun, he was a nice guy but there was absolutely zero attraction on my part.  So now I will have to do "the let him down gently" email.  Sigh.   I seem to always have a guy or two around online to chat with.  But they are all too far away to just hop in their car come over and END this famine. I'm tired.  It seems like I'm putting in all the effort for very little reward lately.

I shouldn't complain.  It truly was a wonderful weekend.  Friday night was a great summer night.  It was cool, low humidity, a full moon and just a perfect evening spent on my back porch chatting and drinking with friends.  Saturday was date night and we went to a nearby town and had a lovely dinner and then went downtown to the square and listened to some live music while having drinks and again enjoying a lovely summer night. Yesterday was spent at the pool with my nephew swimming and splashing with him and cheering him on doing back and front flips off the diving board.  (the child is a naturally gifted athlete).  All while secretly ogling the very nice eye candy at the pool.

In other news, the shaping up plan is going well.  I've now lost 10 lbs--a quarter of the way to my goal--and I'm more determined than ever to reach it by my birthday in the fall.  I got into clothes this week that I haven't worn in a year.  Thank goodness I can get back into my "little" shorts and am looking better and feeling much more confident these days.  The new job is going well and I am incredibly busy these days.  The Hot New Guy is still in the picture and I just canNOT seem to stop looking at his pix.  I may have a chance to get out of town this weekend to see another friend and spend some quality time with him.

So to quote Zac Brown.."life is good today.... life is good today. Adios and vaya con Dios"

5 comments:

  1. Love the picture, but you accidentally left your bathing suit on! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed... love the bathing suit, although if I were at the pool you would probably catch me glancing a little too much. Of course maybe that is your intention ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you need a hand or two with the sun block or aloe vera lotions. I am an expert at those type of applications!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on making such great progress on your health and fitness goals. I like the feeling of reaching deeper into the closet and pulling out "that" pair of pants. It's a wonderful moment. Stay healthy, stay on track, take care of yourself, and other things will fall into place. When you are happy and confident and smiling on the inside you attract the right kind of people.

    And yes, I'm loving the picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One ego boost coming up. :-) Very sexy pic! Views like this are my favorite part of sitting by the pool - with sunglasses on, so I can ogle without being too obvious!

    ReplyDelete